Other websites I maintain are:
- Read Rust – an aggregator of news about the Rust programming language.
- Desktop Institute – Documenting the search for a desktop environment that combines the, “it just works”, nature of GNOME with the window management of Awesome.
- Bit Cannon – a blog that I designed and built with Hugo as a bit of an experiment, the exact nature of which is still evolving.
- Linked List – “a semi-organized collection of knowledge that I have accumulated.”, created as a reference for myself but also published publicly in the hope it may be useful to others as well. The code (pkb) is open source.
Open Source Projects
titlecase is a command line tool and Rust crate that capitalizes English text according to a style defined by John Gruber for post titles on his website Daring Fireball. titlecase runs on Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and Windows.
I previously had a weather station at my home for keeping track of the local conditions. I added support for SQLite logging to my fork of the Open2300 project. The weather station was connected to a Mac for data logging. Every 5 minutes it logged the current conditions, uploaded them to my server and invoked a lua program to generate a JSON file, which was used to produce the Weather page.
See the following posts for more information on the weather station:
- SymbolMate – Quickly find and copy symbols and Emoji